Ready to Get Started?
If you're ready to be part of the CSL team, you can download a volunteer application. Once complete, you may return it one of four ways:
1) Scan and email a copy to email@example.com
2) Fax it to (816) 252-9906
3) Mail it to:
404 N Noland Rd
Independence, MO 64050
4) Return it to your closest CSL location
Volunteer Your Services
In 2017, CSL volunteers gave more than 35,000 hours to support our work in moving people towards economic self-sufficiency. CSL has a dedicated email and phone line for volunteer inquiries; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (816) 912-4490.
Here are a few ways you can help:
1) Pantry - CSL's seven locations all use volunteers to help clients with food and clothing assistance. You have the chance to work with families to provide them the food and clothing that will give them a hand up during their time of need.
2) Clerical/secretarial - Looking for something that does not require too much physical activity? Volunteers help CSL every day with filing, intake, and other clerical support.
3) Computer support - Many volunteers help CSL with data entry, records management, postcard reminders, and other work with computer-related programs. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with Microsoft Office or data entry specialties. These tasks can oftentimes be done in the comfort of your home!
4) Website/social media management - Have a background in web design or management? CSL always needs help updating its website and social media account. You could help make sure our content is always fresh and relevant.
5) Social work - Have you worked in social services? We could use your help providing support to our clients. Volunteers assist with client intake and case management. You can help provide resources to families when they need it the most.
6) Skill-Builder - Do you have a special skill you could teach to others? CSL's volunteers spend many hours teaching life skills classes including computer basics, job preparation skills, budgeting, cooking, meal preparation, parenting, gardening, and many others. You can help change a family's destiny!
7) School supplies and Christmas presents - A small army of volunteers is needed in August and December to help with CSL's annual Back to School Fairs and Christmas Stores. Both of these events happen at all seven CSL locations. Volunteers get to work closely with kids that are never short on smiles!